Pipe wraps are designed to be installed in solid construction walls and floors and consist of a layer(s) of intumescent sealed in a polyethylene sleeve. The sleeve features a strip of double sided tape to enable easy installation.
When a fire occurs the intumescent seal is activated and expands into the penetration cavity as the burning plastic pipe melts. When the intumescent seal expands it forms a fire resistant plug in the penetration, preventing the spread of fire.
The pipe wrap is designed to have the ends of intumescent material meet around the circumference of the pipe.
No overlap will exist, allowing pipe to be centrally located within a core hole. For pipe sizes up to 100mm, only one layer of intumescent material is required, ensuring core holes can be kept to a minimum size. Allproof pipe wraps have been tested on a variety of plastic pipes and are available in stock sizes from 40-150mm.
|wdt_ID||Code||Description||.pdf File||CAD File|
Suitable for Fitting Within:
- Concrete, masonry and porous concrete wall constructions
- Concrete floor construction
- Plasterboard penetrations (with Fireband)
- Water resistant
- Advanced intumescent technology allows smaller
- core holes
- Simple to use – easy to install
- For use on various plastic pipes
- Removable “pipe wrap installed” label for pipe work/wall
- Position fire wrap around circumference of pipe and remove backing from the self adhesive strip and join ends together.
- Slide wrap into position ensuring wrap is located entirely within depth of the wall or floor. For floor applications, the wrap should be flush with the underside of the floor. For wall applications, two wraps are required – one from each side; each wrap should be flush with the outside wall.
- If there is a space between the concrete and the outer side of the wrap and above the wrap, backfill the space with mortar.
- The polyethylene sleeve can be removed and intumescent strip taped in place if the core hole is very tight.
- For plasterboard wall applications, an Allproof Fireband must be used.
Concrete Installation Details