Allproof passive fire products have been tested on plumbing and electrical service penetrations. To assist with product research and technical information our test literature has been presented in documents relevant to the service penetration that requires fire rating.
The low profile pipe collars are designed to be installed in concrete, brick or masonry fire rated walls and floors, and fire rated plasterboard walls. The Allproof pipe collars consist of intumescent material encased in a steel surround with fixing tabs. The advanced intumescent technology allows Allproof to achieve a very low profile height of only 27mm for the 25-80mm pipe collars.
When fire occurs the intumescent material expands against the steel surround as the flammable plastic pipe running through the collar melts and burns away. The steel casing acts as an excellent heat sync ensuring fast activation of the intumescent, forming a stable fire resistant plug, maintaining both fire integrity and insulation.
Pipe collars are designed to be exposed in a wall or floor application (i.e. face fixed). The collars should always be fixed to the underneath of the concrete floor. In wall situations one collar should be used on each exposed side of the fire rated wall.
Designed, made and tested in New Zealand for NZ applications.
Suitable For Fitting To:
- Concrete, masonry, brick walls
- Plasterboard walls & ceilings
- Concrete floors
- Hollow core construction floors
- Totally unaffected by water
- Unique low profile design (25-80mm)
- Tested on PVC socket connections for floor stack installations (40-100mm)
- Stainless or galvanized steel case
- Retro fitting – easy install slide tab
- For use on various plastic pipes
- Ensure substrate around pipe is flat and free from obstructions.
- Open pipe collar and position around pipe.
- Slide tab through slot in pipe collar and fold back 180° to secure.
- Secure pipe collar into concrete by using M6 masonry anchors or expanding metallic bolts. Install pipe collars into plasterboard using expanding hollow core wall anchors. Do not use fixings which rely on plastic or nylon components for grip.
- Install only from underside on floor penetrations. Install pipe collar on both sides for wall penetrations.